Sunday 4 October 2009

INTRODUCTORY POST

So this is my introductory post! I have pondered doing this blog for while now, as I enjoyed reviewing a bunch of films I’d seen and posting them up on the various messageboards I seem to find myself frequenting. The logical conclusion seemed to be to turn this pass-time into a blog – and lo and behold here it is. If you’ve ever read my fanzine REMAINS OF A CAVEMAN then you will know what to expect. Reviews will take 2 forms:

1) The rage filled rant, whereby I get personally insulted by how bad a particular film is, AND

2) The superlative laden, fanboy obsessed love-in.

So with that in mind, over the next few days I intend to upload my existing recent reviews, and then once that is done I shall review whatever I see fit, as and when I watch it. It will pretty much follow whatever I decide would be good to watch – hence the subtitle ‘my life in movies’.

Hope you enjoy it – but if not, don’t sweat it. This is mostly for my own benefit anyhow.

THE RULES

The Indiana Jones movies exist as a trilogy. We do not recognise the existence of a fourth movie.

This blog bestows a high approval rating for early John Carpenter, the Coen Brothers, Raimi, Alexandre Aja, Mike Judge, Wes Anderson.

George Lucas is a dick.